Saturday, October 11, 2008

Steak Dinner in a Bowl


Steak House Soup
From sister Leanna who got it from Taste of Home


1/4 lb Beef tenderloin, cut in to 1/4 in pieces(I use beef tips)
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 t salt
2t olive oil
1 1/2 c. cubed potatoes
1c beef broth
1/4 c steak sauce
3/4 t chili powder
1/4 t ground cumin
1/8 t cayenne pepper
2T minced fresh parsley

In large non-stick saucepan, saute the beef, onion,and salt in
oil for 4-5 min or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in potatoes,
broth,steak sauce and spices. Bring to a broil. Reduce heat; cover
and simmer for 30-35 mins or until potatoes are tender. Garnish
with parsley.


Ok I had to modify this a bit. First it only served two people so I tripled it. I added mushrooms in with the onions. I've never bought steak sauce so instead used equal parts Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. The spices I only doubled and it was on par with kid's spice tolerance. Not a soup I expect to make again - sorry Leanna. We had stuffed mushrooms with it, which the kids won't touch with a ten foot pole.

Photobucket

Kid Ratings
Christopher RobinPhotobucket
CollinPhotobucket
IsaacPhotobucket X "seventy-nine"
AnnettePhotobucket X "ten"

No comments: