Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hashbrown Soup


Hash Brown Soup
recommended by Leanna, acquired from menus4moms

1 sauteed Onion
3 cans chicken broth
1 Large bag Frozen Hash browns
1 Can cream of Celery Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
12 oz can of Evaporated Milk
1 pound Velveeta Cheese

Combine onion and broth, bring to boil. Add hash browns, bring to boil. Add soups (don't dilute) and evaporated milk, bring to boil. Add Cheese. Heat until cheese melts. Optional, serve with bacon bits on top.

As you might have noticed by now, we tend to doctor up recipes. I added garlic with the onion. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of celery because I bought the wrong thing. I tossed in a handful of cheddar cheese just so I could tell Robin it had cheddar cheese in it. (Velveeta is on his abomination list.) Then I opened the well stocked spice cabinet. Salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, and dill(because I love dill in all things potato) went into the pot. Honestly, I am slightly embarrassed to admit preparing and serving such a processed food laden soup. I did it for the kid ratings. I was sure I'd get high marks for this one. I am shameless.

Photobucket

Kid Ratings:
Christopher RobinPhotobucket
CollinPhotobucket
IsaacPhotobucket X "one hundred"
AnnettePhotobucket


Tiny plug for the menus4moms website. This is a great *free* menu planner. In addition to the menus and shopping lists, she gives tips on how to make your life easier by stocking your freezer and pantry with often used ingredients.

No comments: